Monday, January 23, 2017

Hands to Hold

I've spent most of my time worried about myself as we prepare for our "big move to McCall" - Of course, I encouraged Matt to accept this job because I could never hold him back. Not back then, not now and not ever. I know what unfulfilled potential feels like. It hurts. And sometimes it hurts to put others before yourself. But today, as Matt preps to begin his journey with his new job my mind has been on him. And him only. Congratulations on landing your dream job, honey! Here's to you, our future and our new adventure together


For the past seven and a half years I have happily held this man's hand. First it was innocent & exhilarating. Then it was a symbol of love as he slipped a ring on my finger and I said, "Yes!" Then it was letting go of our old lives and joining together as one at the end the aisle. Then it became a way of comfort during hard times like a job loss, or physical, mental and emotional fatigue. Then it was when we were bringing our little girl into this world. Then it was letting go of his hand so he could hold our baby girl. Then it was as we became a family forever. And the pattern continues. Over the years we have held hands because we like each other, we love each other, we needed each other, we respected each other, the other needed encouragement or an extra push to go after a dream and every night as we prayed. 

Over the last two and a half years I have seen manly, outdoorsy hands turn into soft daddy hands. I have seen him hold our daughters tiny fingers, stroke her hair during rough nights, hold her hands in a slow dance, and again hold my hands when I needed encouragement as a wife and mother. Even as we did the shoot for this post Kess was dancing around as I did my best to angle the camera to keep her out of every shot... then I gave in and captured these day to day moments between Kess and daddy.



When Jord Watches reached out I was so excited to give this gift to Matt. The style fits him perfectly. Handsome, rugged, sleek and constantly working. The craftsmanship of the watch is stunning. I love that you can have them engraved with a personal message. This watch is the perfect gift to give to the hard working man who holds your hand through it all.

Valentine's Day is coming up & if you're wanting a sentimental gift for your love, enter the giveaway below. Every person who enters will receive $25 off & could win $100 off your purchase!
ENTER HERE!! 
Plus, I think it's worth mentioning that they have a women's line - for all you power couples out there! I have my eye on this one.


Thank you for supporting the companies that support Beautiful Effort. And thank you to Jord Wood Watches for sponsoring this post. 


Watch Gift Ideas

0 comments:

Post a Comment