Monday, August 1, 2016

Kaiserman Hair Design

In July of 2011 I graduated hair school with all sorts of hopes & dreams. My husband had just been accepted into the MBA program at Boise State so we had 2 hard years in front of us. I planned on working my tail off to put him through school!

 I figured I had the wherewithall to start a small business & just do things on my own. Significantly easier said than done, folks. Plenty of tears, lack of clients & heartaches later...

My husband was blessed with a stressful, but wonderful job/career opportunity so he took that & I balanced our finances out with hair. I was only working a few days a week, so I was home enough to take care of everything. My goal was to make sure that Matt had to do nothing but work & school. No house work, no yard work - nothing. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think I did a pretty good job of that besides the occasional, "Do I have clean underwear?" ;)

Throughout my career I wondered if I had made the right decision to start my own business instead of working for someone. Honestly, no it probably wasn't the right decision. Looking back over the last 5 years... we struggled. But for our "now" little family - it worked. Matt taking the career opportunities he did made a huge difference of our family. It catapulted him into a career position that we didn't ever see ourselves in before the age of 30 or 40. I have a big enough clientele to work 2 days a week, yet spend the majority of my time with Kess. & it's perfect for us.

1 year ago TODAY I started Kaiserman Hair Design. By the beginning of October I will be home full time. This has been a dream of mine since before I started hair school. We added a little salon into the home we are building & it could not be more perfect!

It shares our mudroom & it's right off our kitchen/family room so I can see my kiddos watching a movie, playing, etc. I will still working 2 days a week, mostly half days while Kess naps, or while she plays. She's actually come to the salon with me a few times already & handles it will so I feel comfortable with it being in our home.

Here is some of my "at-home-salon" inspiration...


The paint color is the color that is going throughout our whole house. It's Sherwin Williams in Agreeable Gray. We love it. It's lighter than the swatch shows. The flooring isn't exact, but it's the closest I could find the the flooring we actually have picked out. It will be throughout the kitchen, dining room & mudroom/salon. I can't wait to hang my huge mirror. It will be hung between 2 windows that face the backyard (for watching my little kiddos play.) I've been dreaming about this salon for years now & it's so fun to see it all come together.

I'l' be taking clients at home starting October 6th.

I'll be posting some of our home selections soon! 

XO


0 comments:

Post a Comment