Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Dry Shampoo Love

I've been doing hair for over 5 years now & I am always looking to help my clients feel great, look great & to personalize their hair routine. Some of mt clients have a real love for product, some want to keep product to a minimum. For me, personally I love product, but hate the feel of a ton of it in my hair. I am a firm believer in a thermal protectant & will forever be a lover & advocate of dry shampoo. 

I get clients telling me that they hate washing/drying/styling their hair every day & ask what I do. Well... I don't. ;) I don't wash my hair every day. It's kinda terrible for your hair. I can go about 4-5 days without washing my hair & it's the perfect "mom hack." 

Funny fact - Matt almost died when I hopped out of the shower without my hair washed. We were newlyweds & he had no idea that I didn't wash my hair daily. I believe his words were, "gross." I think he appreciates the time is saves now ;)


I have used plenty of dry shampoo products & have fallen in love with the one I'm currently using. AG Dry Shampoo is perfect for my fellow brunette friends. Most aerosol dry shampoos spray a white film onto your hair - not cool. So when I was introduced to the colored line I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try it! Never fear blondes, AG has a blonde colored dry shampoo as well. It's perfect for a root touch up, too. Double win!! 


If aerosol dry shampoo isn't what you're looking for - don't panic... I've got a little something for you, too! Alterna Caviar powdered dry shampoo is perfect for that minimal product feel! It is white - so keep that in mind, but it does blend into the hair really nicely. Alterna has been once of my favorite product lines since I was in hair school & I don't see that changing for like ever. ;)

Here's a little secret about dry shampoo... I honestly feel that no matter how expensive, inexpensive, professional or nonprofessional your dry shampoo is - you have to know how to use it properly. 

1. Spray/sprinkle your dry shampoo throughout your hair - I use 1inch-ish sections.
2. BRUSH YOUR HAIR OUT. Really. Take a paddle brush & thoroughly brush your hair from roots to ends. This will distribute the product & eliminate the oils produced by your scalp. 
3. Style hair to your preference.
4. You look beautiful!

I'm loving the messy/beachy wave look lately. It's super easy to achieve & really easy to replicate on dirty hair. 

Dry Shampoo for every budget...


Do you use dry shampoo? What is your favorite brand? 



2 comments:

  1. The part about Matt being grossed out made me laugh. Boys without sisters are totally clueless to the life of girls. My husband has 5 brothers and no sisters and stuff like this happens all the time at our house. It makes for a fun first year of marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? These poor Kaiserman boys were in for a rude awakening! ;) Good thing they tolerate it now right? haha

      Delete