Thursday, June 18, 2015

Summer Cookin'

I don't know what it is about Summer, but I love cooking "summer meals" more than I like cooking "winter meals"... call me crazy!

Of course, since starting the blog I've ventured out and have tried lots of new recipes. I will keep adding to the list and keep sharing with you, as well!
I'm all about quick meals. Right before dinner time is when Kess is losing her patience with me (or the other way around) and Matt is making his way home, so I don't have a lot of time to slave away over the stove.

Here are a few of our favorites so far!

Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
 I wasn't sure the hubby was going to like this, mostly because it's a lighter meal - he loved it. We ate the entire pan. I could did eat it out of the pan with a fork. No lie. *I ended up using ground turkey, because ground chicken was significantly more expensive than the turkey. I think it tasted great, so you have that option :)

Carne Asada 
Matt is a Carne Asada lover, so I decided to try my hand at it. I nailed it, in case you were wondering. This marinade is pretty quick to make, despite having quite a few ingredients. I only let this marinade for 15 minutes and it was insanely delicious - next time I'll pay better attention to the directions and let it sit longer. *I used pre-minced garlic - because it's easier.

Chili Lime Steak Rub
I actually used this one skirt/flank steak and diced the meat to make "street tacos". Add your favorite taco fixin's and some corn tortillas - perfect summer meal! This has a tiny kick, but nothing too spicy. Kess even had a bite or two with no issues - but that girl is a bottomless pit, she isn't too picky! ;)


Hope ya'll love these Summer favorites of ours. What are some of your favorite summer meals? I would love to try them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment