Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Forever Family


The morning of May 2nd, Matt and I dropped our sweet Kess girl off at my sister's & headed to the Boise, Idaho LDS Temple!
Matt and I were civilly married May 14th, 2010 - so getting sealed in the temple has been a long time coming! It has taken us a while to study, learn and prepare for our endowment. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the endowment, it is an ordinance ceremony that helps us prepare for the afterlife. Part of the ceremony is a scripted reenactment of the fall of Adam & Eve. We also make multiple promises with our Heavenly Father. The temple teachings are done through symbolism, which is pretty incredible. 
Before this ceremony we were given our garments... (here is a little video that explains the garments that endowed Latter Day Saints wear.)
As we were waiting to go into our endowment, I felt eternally blessed to finally see Matt wearing all white. So clean, sacred and pure. 

The endowment session was pretty overwhelming - lots of information coming at you in a short amount of time. Matt and I didn't have much time to discuss what we had learned because we were set to be Sealed to one another right after. By this point, my sister has brought Kess to the temple, so she could be sealed to us after Matt and I were sealed together as husband and wife. 
Our sealing was incredibly spiritual and gave Matt and I such an uplifted feeling. We were very emotional, much more emotional than we were on our wedding day. I don't think either of us could believe that we were finally here; finally each others' forever. No longer "Until death do us part."

After we were sealed, one of the temple workers brought Kess in; Matt and I both lost it! She looked so beautiful in her pretty white dress. For those of you who have kids, you understand how much love you feel for your children - this was amplified by knowing that she would be ours forever. Kess was a little overwhelmed by our family and friends who were with us, and that fact that she hadn't seen Matt or I for a few hours. She didn't want to let us go. My mom held her during the sealing. Matt, Kess and I held hands as a little family of 3 and were sealed for all time and all eternity. What an amazing gift that is. I am eternally grateful for making the covenants that I have made, not only with Matt and my family, but with my Heavenly Father as well. 

The temple ordinances are extremely sacred, hence my vague description of the day. If you want to know more about eternal families, temple ordinances or the Latter Day Saint religion please feel free to ask me or go to mormon.org

*I'm bummed I didn't get a picture of everyone who came to our sealing! I should have slowed down & got a quick shot of everyone who made it - because you were all so important and instrumental in our journey to the temple! A huge thank you for coming to support us!*





 Matt's family - Mom's side
Matt's family - Dad's side



My siblings, parents and grandparents








7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day. Your post has me bawling! What an awesome blessing.
    Also, you killed it in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I loved that dress, but had to return it- just a tad bit too short now with my garments!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful day! It brought back so many memories of when I was sealed to Dallas. There is no greater comfort than knowing your little family is an eternal one. So happy for you guys! Wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amylee! It was such a great day! We hope we can see you guys soon!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete