Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend

Kess' first Easter was a success. She didn't actually know what was going on, but she wore her bunny ears like a champ. We decided to not go overboard with Kess' first holiday's. We didn't want to waste money on little things that she has no interest in. So, just like with Christmas we bought a few things she would repeatedly use and keep for a long time. I opted for a little splurge and bought some Babylit books. They were on sale through Brickyard Buffalo, so I bought 4. They are little board books that teach kids counting, colors, etc. Yet, they tie in literature stories. Kess now has Romeo & Juliet, Pride & Prejudice, The Adventures of Huck Finn, and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. We also got her some headbands. She has lots with bows, so I opted for something a little more casual. I'm a huge fan of the Withering Iris Etsy shop. All of her stuff is so beautifully made and her customer service is awesome. I've become a huge fan of shopping small, so on this little blogging adventure of mine you will probably hear a lot about new shops that I like and handmade items I've purchased.




I decided to get crafty on Saturday and make a little bunny cake for Easter dinner. My mom used to make these for us as kids and I thought I would give it a try. Like I've said before - I'm not the best baker. I can bake, I would just rather cook. I had left over batter, so I made cupcakes with the extra & put little Easter decorations on them. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself at this point - they look so cute!


Sunday morning rolls around and after cleaning up breakfast, I figure - I better try my cupcakes to make sure they are ok... I grab one, and set it on the coffee table, and start playing with Kess. A little while later Kess starts fussing so I pick her up. I'm trying to get LDS General Conference on. Matt is in the other room, so I've got Kess on my hip and am fiddling with the remote to get it to the right channel. Then I realize that I've got the entertainment center blocked off with pillows because Kess feels the need to push all the buttons on the receiver, so as I'm juggling Kess and the remote, I get the pillows moved and decide to sit down... right on my cute cupcake. (insert the not amused emoji here)... For the record, the cupcake felt light and airy as I squashed it, so that's something, right?! I head to Matt to have him help me and he's laughing so hard he can barely talk. Nice. He finally spits out, "Please tell me you got a picture!" Real nice. I honestly couldn't help but laugh!


(pre-cupcake smashing)

Matt helped me clean up my cupcake butt and we finally settled down to watch Conference, which was perfect. I love hearing what the Apostle, Prophets and other General Authorities have to say. So uplifting! Plus, it was a great day outside, so we took a little trip to the park with Kess.



I hope you all had a fabulous Easter Sunday and I really hope your baking went better than mine. Also, I finally got around the eating a cupcake - so.dry. -but the cake was delicious! Go me!

Have a great week, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Love the baby lit books. Matt's fav has to be Huck Finn, but I think you probably are bringing up more of a Pride and Prejudice girl.
    Nice job on the cake, and the smashed cupcake is pretty funny.
    That last picture is a perfect spring shot. You need to frame it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the cutest books, Judy! I agree, total framer shot! Love it!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much dear for the photos from this awesome easter weekend. That is such a cute beanie cap and the kid is looking fabulous. I just loved entire photo set. At one of the rental spaces for parties my sister had also hosted a customized weekend Ester party and there was a lot of entertainment especially for the kids.

    ReplyDelete