Monday, March 27, 2017

Kaisermans in McCall

Phew!! Friends, we made our transitioning into McCall nicely. We've been here for 2 weeks now! Sorry I'm a little behind on the update. We just barely got internet in our home. Yes, I most definitely had to upgrade my data usage this month. Ugh. I even tried my best to check social media very limitedly. Something I severely need to work on anyways.

The first day we arrived in McCall was tiring. We were up early to meet the moving van & I instantly felt very overwhelmed. We had done our best to separate what we really needed & what could go into storage. We have less space to work with than we did in our Caldwell house, so we are trying to keep unnecessary stuff to a minimum. Harder than it looks, kids. I'm pretty sure I've cleaned out Kess' toy bin a few times with little success. I'm going to recruit Matt's help. He's much less sentimental (about that stuff) than I am. And I probably need help in the bathroom department, too. I tend to hoard beauty products. I'm pretty sure Matt loves me in spite of that. ;)

The second day in McCall... I cried my fair share of tears. Matt went back to work for a half day, then spent the rest of the day helping me settle in. He totally gets me & understands that I am a super slow to adjust to new things, so he took extra time off to help Kess and I adjust. This has made things much easier for me. He even took a long weekend after that to help me unpack and to spend some time with Kess & I since we've been apart for a while. It was exactly what we needed.



Now that we are all moved in I do feel much better. It's starting to feel like home. I am becoming familiar with where my things are in the kitchen, the light switches aren't a total challenge for me & we have slowly started putting the baby's room together.

Kess has adjusted very well to McCall. She loves our "A'Call house" or "A'Call mountains" & our "A'Call lake." We really are liking the slower paced life here. I have enough to keep me busy at home. We like our ward & have even made a few new friends. The library has story time every week which will be so fun to go to every week or so. I'm down to baby doc appointments every 2 weeks & soon every week. We usually see Matt after my appointments which Kess loves (so do I!)


We had our first visitors this last weekend & it was so fun to show off our little corner of the world. My sister & her two boys came to see us for 1 night & then Matt's mom came up for 2 nights. It's been really fun to see them & Kess has loved showing them "our mountain"... she's a little possessive so if she mentions it... West Mountain is ours! ;)


It's beyond beautiful up here. Matt snagged a great rental for us & having all of our own furniture up here with us helps. We lived in a house provided by the hospital last time. It was fully furnished (which was greatly appreciated since we were still living in Nampa part time) but it was hard to make the house feel like home without all of our own stuff.

I'll be sharing a little house tour in the next few weeks. I am slowly working on making this place our very own without breaking the budget. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks for following along, it helps that I'm not just typing all this up and sending it out into a void. ;)


1 comments: