Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Faves + IKEA LATT Hack

Happy Friday, my friends! We did it, we survived another week. We have been getting back on track after the holidays. We miss Matt now that he's back at work & busy busy, but we got a lot done this week!

I managed to deep clean the majority of my house & we are starting to Spring Clean a little early. Do you ever just get so annoyed by all the things you have in your house? Me too. I started a very large "donate" pile & an even bigger "throw away" pile. One of my goals for 2016 is to live a simpler life - guess I'm starting to embrace that! ;)

I wanted to share a few things with you before I sign off for the weekend! This cleaning technique for
vinyl floors has my "stay at home mom" heart singing. We have vinyl floors in our kitchen & they hold on to dirt like there is no tomorrow. No matter how many times I mop, the dirt doesn't seem to come out of the creases. So I decided to give this a try on a few "squares"... worked like a charm.  Planning on "ironing" the rest of my floors this weekend!

I've been loving these crayons for Kess' new coloring table. I know these aren't new or even super cute, but dang it, they are sturdy & I don't have little bits of crayons all over from Kess breaking them. I think they will last us a long time!

Santa left this Essie Gel-Setter top coat in my stocking this year - he knows me so well. I finally got around to trying it & love it. The finish is great & I'm excited to test out the durability over the weekend. I always feel so put together when my nails are painted, so I hate to see them chip. ;( Hopefully this top coat will extend the life of my polish a bit!

And finally - the IKEA LATT hack. I seriously love this little table.  Kess thinks she is pretty cool stuff when she sits at it. She loves to color & put stickers on her paper. She even shares her chairs with her teddy. I knew she would love this (actually, I didn't know, but I loved it so...) I bought this from IKEA when I went down to UT this summer & it's been sitting in my garage ever since. Of course, I waited until the very last minute (we were painting the second coat on Christmas Eve, yaaa...) But I think it turned out so darn cute. There are "IKEA Hacks" all over Pinterest, so I did a quick search & found some ideas. I decided to go with white & gold dipped legs. It will match her room perfectly & I think it will be easy to clean up. We decided to do the top with chalk paint, but it's already flaking off, so I recommend spraying/painting the rougher side (bottom), not the white (smooth) side.




We painted all the pieces before we put it together. Matt taped off the legs & we spray painted them with some gold spray paint. It was super easy to put together. Easiest little furniture makeover, ever! It already has crayon marks, but hey, that's what it's for right?

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you have a great weekend! XO



0 comments:

Post a Comment