Friday, May 15, 2015

Wedding Anniversary #5... and being forced to be trendy

We celebrated our 5 year anniversary yesterday! We keep it pretty simple for anniversaries, typically we do dinner and give cards - no gifts. This year was just the same and it was perfect! We asked Matt's mom to watch Kess and then we took off to downtown Boise. We were planning on going to Barbacoa and figured it wouldn't be too crowded with it being a Thursday night - but we forgot that the Luke Bryan concert was last night, so Barbacoa had an hour and a half wait.

We decided to head to the Brickyard. We had been there before, but the last time was years ago and it was a dinner for Matt's job. So this time we were super excited to have it be just us two. We walked in and it was quiet, relaxed and definitely more our scene! We were sat at the booth in the back, right next to the piano where someone was playing all the right classics. 
We decided to spare no expense for dinner, which we rarely do... and since we don't drink, it's easy to not go overboard with the price, but last night we made up for it in dessert! 
We both ordered steaks, which were phenomenal. They also have a salad chef who tosses your salad table side. I highly recommend the Green Goddess dressing. This place is perfect for having a very relaxed, romantic evening. They take their time with each course, so if you're in a hurry - don't go there ;) Matt and I had plenty of time to chat and reminisce over the last 5 years. And just stare lovingly into each others' eyes... ;) hahaha


After we finished our dessert, which was the most amazing dessert ever, we sat back and enjoyed the piano music for a little while longer. The pianist began to play a song that Matt used to play for me while we were dating. It was pretty fitting for the evening. 
Live piano music = heaven
They give you free muffins for breakfast, too!

Listening to the piano music, he could have sat there all night

We then drove back home, thanked Matt's mom for taking care of our little girl & changed into our comfy clothes, and watched the Scandal Season Finale! It was the perfect evening! 


Now... for a little laugh. You all know that this blog is about me sharing my life and helping me step out of comfort zone, to do, wear, try, say things I wouldn't typically do. Sometimes you choose to branch out - sometimes you're forced to. 

Kess has these little toys that suction to surfaces and then she can rattle and play with them. Well for the past few days we have been suctioning them to our foreheads. She thinks it's hilarious. We've even been sticking them to her little forehead. Yesterday I stuck one of those dang toys to my forehead and Kess was getting a kick out of it. She tried to pull it off and it didn't move, so I lifted one of the edges and it came right off. Didn't think anything of it. About 20 minutes later we walked back to her room to get her ready for her morning nap. We pass a mirror on the way to her room... I caught a glance of myself and panicked. I had a huge bruise/hickey on my forehead from that dang toy! All to make my baby laugh!
Knowing that I had a hot date planned with my hubby that night, I freaked out googled "How to get rid of a hickey"... OK I'll admit I knew a few of them ;) I used some doTERRA oils, a few of my new tips I had learned and while it lighted and started the clear away... it just wasn't enough. You all probably think I'm being dramatic & it wasn't that bad - the heaviest of makeup couldn't cover that thing! Thank goodness that I live near a target... I ran over & grabbed a fedora. 
I've loved the fedora trend for a long time, but felt like I wasn't cute, cool, or trendy enough to pull that look off. Well, now I didn't have a choice. I sure has heck couldn't go to dinner with a hickey on my fivehead! And you know what... I loved the hat and a lot of other people did, too! Even my hubby! ;)
So sometimes as much as we try, we still aren't great and climbing out of our comfort zone and if you're lucky - you'll be forced to, like me! ;) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment