Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Favorite Swaddle Products


After reading multiple "how to survive with a newborn" books, I knew that swaddling was one of the best ways to help babies sleep longer. I was all for that! ;) Kess actually loved to be swaddled. I really do think it helped her sleep longer and better. We had been given a few different swaddling blankets for Kess and found the Carter's blankets to be the very best! They wrapped around her tiny little shoulders really well. I found some other blankets to be stiff and didn't wrap around her like I wanted. These have a ton of stretch, so we could get them pretty snug and she couldn't bust out of them. We used these blankets until she was about 3 months old. They are usually on sale at JCPenny's and I've even found them at Ross! 
Around 3 months old, I switched to the Halo SleepSack Swaddle. I loved this! Kess slept so well in this. She loved to be swaddled so this was a great way to let her move her little legs while she slept, but keep her arms snuggled up. We used this every nap time and bed time. I was starting to feel that swaddling Kess was a crutch. I wasn't sure if/when I should wean her off. I couldn't tell if she was giving me signs or not. She stopped sleeping really well just before she turned 5 months. She hit a growth spurt and had some sleep regression. Then a month or so after that she started busting out of the swaddle, but she would wake up and not be able to settle back down to sleep. So I kept thinking that she wasn't ready, but could tell that she was uncomfortable. 
Honestly, I was clueless. Something had to give. Momma needed some sleep.
I did a little bit of research and stumbled across the Zipadee-Zip swaddle transition.. You guys, I love this! Kess hadn't slept well for about 2 months (it was slowly killing me) and the first night - she slept all night. It had to be a fluke, right?! Nope, sure enough she is napping and sleeping much longer stretches! She can safely roll over, sleep on her side or tummy - whatever position she is comfortable in. I ordered Kess' Zipadee-zip in fleece. That way she wouldn't be cold. I will probably buy another one for back-up, too! I couldn't be happier with this purchase! Cheers to more sleep! Hallelujah!

Any other swaddle or sleep recommendations? Let's hear them! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment