Thursday, April 20, 2017

Easter Weekend

Easter was the first holiday we've have since we moved & all of our family was going to be in town for it, so we decided to make the quick drive and spend the weekend with our families. It was so fun, so exhausting and so hard to leave. I've never really spent a holiday away from our family so it was weird to run down for the weekend and then leave the festivities a little early to get home in time to start the week. But, we truly had such a fun time.

We drove down on Friday night and met my parents for dinner. We stayed up way too late chatting & finally got to bed. The next morning we took Kess to the Boise Mall so she could turn in her pacifier for a new stuffed animal. I'll do a full post on that later, but it was so fun! She did really great! Most of the rest of the day was full of running errands, checking on the house, getting some Easter shopping in. Anybody else's Easter bunny slackin' this year? ;) Also, remind me to never go to 
Wal-Mart on a Saturday. Barf. It wasn't fun. Kess wasn't amused, which made tired, pregnant mom waayyy less amused. 




After Matt mowed the lawn at our house we got ready and went to Matt's parent's house for our 2nd annual Easter Egg Hunt! Let me tell you, it was a hoot last year & this year was even better! With only 3 grandkids on Matt's side - it isn't too chaotic and it was so cute to watch them all run after eggs! Kess loves watching the YouTube videos with the "prize eggs" so this was just amazing to her. We ended the night with our first BBQ of the season & chatting with Matt's parents and grandparents. The weather is much nicer down in Nampa than it is in McCall so we soaked it up and went for a walk. I love me some Spring weather.




Easter Sunday was busy. Kess was so excited to see that the Easter bunny came & dropped her off some prizes. I spent part of the morning doing hair ;) Both Matt & my dad needed a hair cut. And my momma needed quick color touch up. Everyone was looking fresh for church, if I do say so myself. My sister & her family met us at my parent's church for sacrament meeting. It was a little crazy on our pew with 3 kiddos that kept walking back and forth between their parent's and grandparent's but what do ya do? Kess decided she needed "a bow NOT!" for our family Easter picture. Picking my battles.



While the kiddos did nap time, the adults relaxed & did Easter dinner prep. I, for one didn't really do a dang thing. My mom, dad and sister took care of Easter dinner and I sat on my booty. Dinner was delicious. My grandma & my older brother and his family joined us - bringing the grandkid total to 6. Matt and I packed up our stuff & loaded the truck while dinner was being wrapped up. My parent's bought a cute Easter piƱata & all the kids got a few turns at busting it open. It was so cute to watch them jab at it. Thank goodness for older/stronger cousins who helped get the candy dropping. We said good-byes to everyone & promised that the next time they saw us we were hoping to have a baby boy in our arms! ;) I got teary saying good-bye to my parent's - partially because Kess didn't want to leave & it felt weird leaving mid- family party. But a short 2 hours later and we were back in our mountains and ready to get the next week started.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. This year felt crazy, hectic and full of our typical Easter fun. I felt like I didn't take the time to reflect on Christ's atoning sacrifice. I am truly grateful for his love & our Heavenly Father's love. I can't imagine where we would be without this gift. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment